Dead Age 2 from Silent Dreams and Headup now has a release date set for June 3, along with a brand new trailer. To be clear, it's starting off in Early Access although they're saying it won't be for very long due to it having the main game mechanics in already, they just need to add more content to it.
"Dead Age 2 is a unique combination of survival, management, Rogue-Like events, turn-based combat, classic role-playing game with tons of quests and a story in which your decisions directly effect plot progression!"
Check out the new trailer below:
- More complex story with no knowledge of the previous storyline necessary: If you haven't played Dead Age you will still be able to follow the diverse story of Dead Age 2 without difficulty.
- Improved combat system (Final Fantasy X meets Darkest Dungeon): with fast-paced yet strategic battles and use of up to 24 skills
- Faction Reputation System: Increase your standing with the three major factions to reap rewards and improve trade
- 3D Base-Management: Assign tasks to survivors, craft items and expand you camp's capabilities for improved crafting options
- Compact Open World: Free exploration of the world map with 80 detailed locations to search for valuable resources
- Decisions with Consequences: Your decisions directly affect the story in a much more drastic way. Dead Age 2 has six unique possible endings
- Rogue-Like Elements: random 3D events with permadeath! If you die, you may purchase upgrades unlocked in previous runs for your next playthrough. Choose from 3 difficulty levels
I did quite like what I played of the original which also supported Linux, and it seems a lot of other people did to with it going onto receiving a "Very Positive" rating from over three-thousand players. Hopefully then, they've been able to build upon the strengths of the first game to produce a sequel that's bigger and better.
You can wishlist/follow Dead Age 2 on Steam.