With a female protagonist and a dark emotional story, Fragile Fighter definitely has captured my interest.
"Trapped in a world of fantasy, a scared but resilient girl is challenged to confront the fragility of life, and face her ultimate fears before it's too late. As Kira you will explore a world of illusions and encounter in array of characters, forced to fight in the pursuit of truth."
With mature themes too, don't go in expecting your usual story platformer. It touches upon alcohol abuse, physical abuse, mental and physical illnesses and promises to be an unforgettable experience.
- Multiple difficulty levels to fit your desired player experience.
- 3 main weapon types and a variety of power ups to decide what works best for your play style in each given situation.
- 30+ diverse levels and charismatic cast of bosses to test your skills.
- Dark and emotional story told through hand-drawn animated cutscenes.
- Original character-driven Soundtrack.
I'll also admit, part of why I'm writing about this particular one is the touching note at the bottom from Marina Hova (who sounds like a wonderful person), the writer and producer:
As a mother, artist and ultrasound tech working at a high risk OB/GYN clinic, I've had the privilege to support human beings at their most vulnerable. My experiences, personal and professional, inspired me to create an interactive narrative that would challenge individuals to explore and expand their perspectives.
You can find Fragile Fighter on Steam.