It's another weekend, although you will be completely forgiven for having no idea what day it is. I don't remember half the time right now as it's all blurring into one during lockdown. Here's a look over what you can get cheap and free right now.
Some reminders first:
- Stadia, the Linux-powered game streaming service is now open to everyone. Google also confirmed the Stadia "Base" naming is no longer being used. It's just Stadia or Stadia Pro. When signing up, you get two free months of Pro which includes access to multiple games.
- Total War: WARHAMMER II and Northgard are free to play this weekend, along with Overcooked! 2 having some DLC free to claim. All games are also on sale.
- Humble Store giving away Manual Samuel.
- TerraTech free to play until April 21 and it's 40% off.
Another free to keep game is Polyball, a physics platforming game that's been compared with some of the ideas from Monkey Ball and Marble Blast. You have until May 1 to grab a free to keep copy of it.
Beat Hazard also recently added a free weekend, you can play this music driven arcade shooter free for another 2 days and it's 70% off too.
Steam is doing a big Devolver Digital weekend with some amazing games going cheap. Here's some quick picks:
- The Talos Principle - 85% off - sits up there with Portal as one of the best first-person puzzle games
- Broforce - 75% off - my all time favourite action-platformer
- RUINER - 75% off
- Minit - 50% off
The current Humble Choice is also pretty darn good with This Is the Police 2, Opus Magnum, MOLEK-SYNTEZ, Trüberbrook, The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut and Turok 2: Seeds of Evil that support Linux. Plus others including HITMAN 2.
Over on GOG they have a big Visual Novel / jRPG sale but not a lot else that's good for Linux this weekend. However, Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition did just recently launch on GOG and it's 60% off! It's a really great experience too.