With a release some ways off yet, Growbot has some of the most charming visuals I've seen in some time and for a point and click adventure it sure does look fantastic. I've been following this for some time, as the publisher Application Systems Heidelberg does a lot of great Linux work and they've now fully confirmed that Growbot will be available on Linux.
Inspired by titles like Loom and Machinarium, it tells the tell of a Growbot in training to become a captain aboard a beautiful biopunk space station. The station is attacked by some kind of rapidly growing crystals and it's down to you to point and click to save it.
- Explore a beautiful space station and repair its strange machinery.
- Interact with fantastic plants and aliens.
- Use your Brain(apilla) to solve puzzles.
- Collect the sounds of flowers and combine them to create powerful shields.
- Meet a fluffy white hologram called Star Belly with a galaxy inside.
- Unearth a tale of flower power with twisted roots.
- Art by award winning illustrator Lisa Evans.
- Beautiful music by musician Jessica Fichot.
You can follow Growbot along on Steam where it looks like we may not see a release at all until next year. Will keep you posted when a more clear date appears.