Ruth's Journey is an upcoming prologue for another bigger upcoming game called The Long Way Home from Nifty Llama Games. The trailer they just put out is quite mesmerising.
After sitting in an office all day long doing paperwork, your boss lets you off on a break and from here you go and explore the beauty and wonders of the Canadian wilderness in search of the famed Golden Finch. Apparently this is also to help save the company from financial ruin.
While the trailer isn't proper gameplay footage, using pre-rendered stuff it still managed to hook my attention right in and with it coming to Linux I'm pretty excited. It gave a bit of a Firewatch feel, take a look:
What they say it will feature:
- Experience the peace and tranquility of the forest
- Beautiful low-poly aesthetic
- Immersive First Person Controls
- Capture breathtaking pictures with your camera
- Glimpse into the history of 'The Long Way Home'
- 15 - 30 min of Narrative driven Gameplay
- Detailed Cinematics
You can follow it on the Steam page. I spoke to the developer today who confirmed Linux support.