Nine Noir Lives asks the question, "how many things need to be licked to solve a murder?". A comedy point and click adventure that looks genuinely good. Appears one we missed too as we've not covered it before!
The developer, Silvernode Studios, recently announced that they've been approved for the upcoming Steam Game Festival that runs from June 9 -15. This means they will have a playable demo during this time, to showcase their game to a bigger audience. When asked on Steam, Silvernode confirmed that there will be a Linux demo available.
Check out the most recent trailer:
It's meant as a love-letter to the classics, and while it's got a lot of humour it's also going to be touching on some serious topics with adult themes involved in it. However, the developer said they've tried to ensure it's not overly grim as there's enough of that in the world already.
What's planned for the full game:
- Play through a charming comedy-noir storyline inspired by every cat ever, with fewer cat puns than you might expurrct.
- Explore the unique and intriguing city of Meow Meow Furrington across over fifty attractive, hand-drawn screens.
- Interact with over twenty-five hilarious characters.
- Discover a whole new dimension to everything in the game by using your wits tongue. Lick first, and ask questions later. Questions like "what did you expect that to taste like, Cuddles?"
- Experience the city from two very different perspectives as you switch between Cuddles and his capable assistant, Tabby Marshmallow.
- Laugh and learn about the world of Furth with sixty thousand words of fully-voiced dialogue.
- Solve puzzles both fun and fiendish - but never unfair.
You can follow Nine Noir Lives on Steam.
This Steam Game Festival is getting exciting, lots of interesting games getting confirmed to be having some sort of showcase demo available. On top of this we also know of DRAG and ASYLUM and as more get confirmed, we will let you know.