Siralim Ultimate, a monster catching game with over one thousand creatures to collect has managed to be a huge success on Kickstarter and so it's on the way to Linux. The developer said to think of it like "Pokemon meets Diablo, or more accurately, Dragon Warrior Monsters meets Path of Exile"..
From 1,594 backers they received $90,964 in total funding, although plenty of that will be taken away from fees and taxes it's still quite a nice sum for Thylacine Studios to create the ultimate mix of dungeon crawling and creature battling. It was quite a speedy success too, getting funded in about an hour after going live in May.
Some of the planned features:
- 1000+ creatures to collect
- Fuse your creatures together - the offspring inherits its parents’ stats, traits, and even the way they look!
- Randomly generated dungeons spanning 21 tilesets
- Customize your castle with thousands of different decorations
- Engage in strategic 6v6 battles
- Craft Artifacts and Spell Gems for your creatures
- Choose from one of 15 specializations for your character and earn perks that change the way your creatures fight in battle
- Insane amount of post-story content that will keep you engaged for thousands of hours (yes, really!)
- An ever-changing world that is sure to keep the game feeling fresh even for the most devoted of players
With the amount of money raised, it hit through plenty of stretch-goals. These are goals locked behind specific amounts of funding, to add in extra features to the game. Thanks to that there will also be massive world bosses, creature skins, a roguelike mode, a special arena and a lot more.
You can follow Siralim Ultimate on Steam, it should release late 2020.
Siralim Ultimate is listed on our continually growing dedicated crowdfunding page.