The Cork, currently crowdfunding on Kickstarter is a pixel-art 2D action-RPG where you play as a seriously tiny hero and you can now try out an early demo.
With a sprinkle of features from metroidvanias, platformers and seriously challenging combat, The Cork follows your return to a village after several months away to find it devastated by a mysterious plague. The Kickstarter campaign is currently looking like it will fail but the developer is determined to create the full experience anyway. In the latest update they mentioned it will just take longer.
Their planned features:
- Beautifully animated pixel art that provides a sense of scale and breathes life into the kingdom beyond the wall.
- A massive non-linear world to explore with new discoveries and challenges around every corner.
- Fair and challenging combat that requires calculation as much as might.
- Encounter allies along the way, accept side quests and be rewarded!
- Upgrade your capabilities by equipping new weapons, armor and accessories.