Parkitect, one of the most magnificent games from 2018 had one of it's usual monthly updates but it turns out for Linux it was more than just some bug fixing.
With the 1.5i update that's live now, Texel Raptor have enabled Vulkan rendering by default with a fallback to OpenGL for those that need it which can be run with "-force-glcore" as a launch argument. Wonderful to see more developers look to use Vulkan, as it can offer better performance.
Here's what else came with the latest update:
- added Traditional Chinese font support and translation
- improved memory use
- improved modding support
- fixed penalties not getting triggered when a train crashes (guests are now unlikely to go on a coaster that had a crash recently, and the ride + park rating will take a hit)
- fixed derailed trains sometimes simply disappearing
- fixed maximum train count sometimes being too high if station is shorter than train
- fixed blueprints sometimes being incorrectly marked as unavailable because of missing research
- fixed rain not being displayed properly
Never seen Parkitect? I think you're missing out! Check out the trailer below:
Testing out the difference myself between the OpenGL build and Vulkan using a somewhat busy park, the frame-rate went from sitting at around 80FPS with drops down to 70FPS up to around 110-120FPS so it's quite a nice boost there and seems a lot smoother when scrolling around as everything comes into view.
You can buy Parkitect from Humble Store, GOG and Steam.
Time to buy the DLC and update the italian translation.
Thank you devs.
On my system (nvidia 1050ti) it works faster, but when the framerate drops under the target framerate, i've some serious input lag issue.
Basically it seems to ignore input for seconds, and then it suddently processes it.
I tried to put a lot of smoke emitters and fps dropped under 40, then i tried to move the camera, emitters were still working (read the screen was not frozen), but the camera didn't pan.
after a couple of seconds the camera started to move and processes all of my *previous* input.
Definitely unplayable, unfortunately :-(
Running a compositor under it fixes the issue.
Last edited by kokoko3k on 17 June 2020 at 4:30 pm UTC
See more from me