Faraway Lands: Rise of Yokai from MythEgg Studios has pulled my interest in recently, mixing in a number of different genres set in Feudal Japan.
You build up a town, gather resources and build a ship to explore new lands, trade with others and there's plenty of real-time combat sprinkled into it across land and sea too. Genuinely does look like quite a nice blending together of gameplay elements. The trailer looks pretty good too:
- Build your town from ground up with various building types and decorations
- Attract people with randomized traits to your town
- Grow various fruits and vegetables, chop wood, mine shiny ores, take care of animals and fish
- Build a ship and explore the world, trade with other cities, fight pirates and monsters
- Train various soldiers with unique abilities
- Clear the dungeon from enemies, find new ores to mine, discover treasures
- Gain research points and use them to learn new abilities or improve existing ones
- Build towers, position your army, and defend your town for as long as you can against the Yokai threat!
As for a Linux release, the developer mentioned on Twitter that unless something major comes up it will be supported for us too.
Their current plan is to release later this year. You can follow it on Steam.