Another two weeks and another development release of Wine has been let out to breathe, here's the highlights of Wine 5.15 that will eventually become Wine 6.0.
- Initial implementation of the XACT Engine libraries.
- Beginnings of a math library in MSVCRT based on Musl.
- Still more restructuration of the console support.
- Direct Input performance improvements.
- Exception handling fixes on x86-64.
This release also saw 27 mentioned bug fixes, some being older bugs that were found to be working now. Fixes include: Red Dead Redemption 2, Grim Dawn, Call of Duty: WWII, FrostyModManager, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, Bully Scholarship Edition and more.
You can see the release announcement here.
Need to know what Wine is? It's the constantly improving compatibility layer that allows the running of Windows-only applications and games on Linux and other operating systems. It's one of the driving forces behind Steam Play Proton. Helping you to get whatever you need done on Linux, or perhaps so you don't have to give up that favourite game.
If you want help managing different installs of Wine, you can try Lutris.