Valve have realised again that Team Fortress 2 is actually still online and have done a fresh update, although only minor it does add in a new Summer 2020 Cosmetic Case.
Seems like the worst might be over for the racist bot problem they had recently, as Valve had to add in a bunch of restrictions to newer accounts to prevent them spamming text and voice chat. Now they're back to irregular random updates like this, the first in well over a month.
Part of this update is to bring in a new Case, for those of you playing who love to collect all the items there's a new Summer 2020 Cosmetic Case which contains a random pick from 22 new community-contributed items and there's also 4 new community-created Unusual effects. Crates get dropped to players at random as they play, or you can buy it from the Steam Market and it's already dropped to a really low price, although it does need a key purchase to open too as Valve do love their loot box system.
If you want to know what's in it, see the Wiki here. As for what else is new:
- Fixed an issue where values computed from server bounded ConVars could be incorrect on the client and therefore possibly exploitable
- Fixed Australium Medigun/Wrench items not dropping for the Mann vs. Machine rewards
- Fixed the chat window not always being restored to the appropriate place
- Fixed Competitive badges not displaying correctly
- Increased the default caps_per_round for Mannpower mode
- Updated the Watch Streams dialog to open the Twitch page
- Updated cp_granary with a permanent Soldier statue
- Updated/Added some tournament medals
- Updated the localization files
You can play Team Fortress 2 free on Steam.