Fatbot Games have revealed that Vaporum: Lockdown will be launching on September 15, with the official Linux PC release to follow along 'shortly after'.
Acting as a prequel to Vaporum, it expands on everything from the original. A grid-based, single-player, single-character game, seen from a first-person perspective in an original steampunk setting, and inspired by old-school games like Dungeon Master I and II, the Eye of the Beholder series, and the more recent Legend of Grimrock I and II.
Follow the story of Ellie Teller, a scientist who is a part of a mysterious research project in the middle of an ocean. After disastrous events, she struggles to survive and escape the tower of Arx Vaporum.
- Old-school grid-based dungeon crawler with modern audiovisuals and controls.
- First-person real-time combat with deadly foes with varied abilities and behaviors.
- Stop time mode where time only passes when you act, giving you unlimited time to reason about your next best move.
- Intriguing story following a fully voiced female protagonist.
- Unique gadget-based RPG system with tons of customization, tons of loot, and tons of synergies to find.
- Mind-bending puzzles and hazards.
- Immersive steampunk setting.
- Full controller support.
- Localized in 8 languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Russian, Polish, Japanese, and Chinese.
While the Linux (and macOS) release is seeing a delayed rollout, we are getting it officially before any consoles so that's nice to see at least. Considering Vaporum was a lot of fun, I expect great things from Vaporum: Lockdown.
You can follow on Steam, with GOG/Humble Store to appear sometime soon too.