Ready for some dinosaur action? Path of Titans, the hugely successful crowdfunded indie MMO now has a demo you can download and try out.
As a refresher - Path of Titans is a multiplayer dinosaur survival game, one where you're playing as an actual dino. With detailed environments and lots of different species to choose from spread across herbivores, carnivores, aquatic, terrestrial, gliding, and flying species. There's even so customization you can do. Servers will support up to 200 people playing and that's on top of AI creatures running around too.
Their original IndieGoGo crowdfunding campaign in 2019 pulled in nearly $100K AUD, and that amount has only continued to rise with over 25K backers given them over $640K!
Just some of the features they're planning include:
- Permanent characters with in-depth skin and trait customization
- A complex questing system.
- Group and Guild systems that allow for pack hunting and herd migration, with servers supporting up to 200 concurrent players.
- Lush environment filled with AI dinosaurs and smaller prehistoric creatures
- Swimming, diving, and fishing in both lakes and rivers.
- Cross platform functionality, play the game from your PC with your friends on mobile and vice versa.
- Powerful modding tools with extensive documentation, and a backend allowing modders to deliver their content to other players.
It's still quite early on, clearly but it's also showing a lot of promise. The amount of effort Alderon Games have been putting into the models and animations of all the creatures is quite impressive. What they need to do though is ensure that the world and everything you do is as exciting as the creatures themselves.
Want to grab a key and get demo access? Head over here. The demo will be online and available to play until the end of PAX Online on September 22.