With its XCOM-like combat and a setting that merges together the supernatural with post-apocalyptic themes, Graywalkers: Purgatory is now available for Linux.
"Graywalkers: Purgatory is a stylish turn-based strategy RPG set in a supernatural post-apocalyptic world where Heaven and Hell had merged with Earth caused by a event called the Rupture. Inspired by a combination of gameplay from XCom, Jagged Alliance and Fallout, the game generates a unique but familiar experience for the turn-based tactics player."
Current game modes:
- Mission Mode - You choose missions to go on and these leads to other missions. Some of the missions are stand-alone while the others are mini-campaigns wherein each successful mission will lead to another until the story is resolved.
- Preludes - Preludes are like short stories except you play through them as the character highlighted for the specific prelude story. These are stories about the different Graywalkers before they begin their part in the single player campaign.
They mentioned a proper campaign is on the way too.
Some features available right now:
- Real Time Exploration - When travelling on maps, the movement is real time. Only when combat ensues will it shift to turn-based gameplay
- Action Unit Based Turn-Based Combat - play in classic tactical combat where you do actions based on your available Action Units
- Recruitable Heroes - find, convince and recruit your heroes from at least 40+ available playable characters, each with their own style, personality, motivation, relationships and history.
- Unique RPG System - the game utilizes a unique and original table-top RPG game system that will be coming out soon.
- Continuous Addition of Missions - initially, you will get to do at least 7 mission and more will be added monthly until we reach a minimum of 50+ missions
- 7 Races - There are 7 available character races to experience in the game: Humans, Dhampir, Wolfkin, Nephilim, Cambion, Faechilde and the Hunterborne.
- 10 Character Paths - There are 10 playable character paths available:Agent, Armsman, Arcanist, Diviner,Martialist, Scout, Soldier, Slayer, Survivor, and Tech
Nice to see another game deliver on its promises made during Kickstarter, as Graywalkers was funded there back in 2014 with close to $50K. It's been a long road, with it seeing an Early Access release for Windows back in January for for Linux officially September 21. Now they've actually sorted the Steam content out properly, as per my suggestion, it should actually download now too. Many developers continue to trip up on that, where they don't add packages to the Linux version correctly - I even wrote about it to clear it up.
You can find Graywalkers: Purgatory on Steam in Early Access.
See more from me