Ready to take the action into space? Runner Duck, developer of the hit Bomber Crew have just released the sequel with Space Crew.
Bomber Crew was something of a surprise hit for the UK-based two-person indie studio Runner Duck, when it became a top seller on Steam. This sequel moves the theatre of war from World War Two to the far flung future with players challenged to fight a conflict on an intergalactic scale. Armed with their own carefully chosen crew and fully customizable spaceship, captains must protect Earth and venture across the galaxy to stave off a new alien threat known as the Phasmids.
Check out the new launch trailer:
- Strategic Space Survival Simulation: Ship-to-ship combat is strategic and deadly; manage your resources and crew abilities to stop ship invasions, repair systems, tackle fires and take evasive action.
- Recruit YOUR Space Crew: From captain to comms officer, weapons officer, engineer and more - you will create your own unique crew with customisable equipment, loadouts, appearances and names.
- Fastest Hunk of Junk in the Galaxy: Personalisation doesn't end at your crew, customise your spaceship from weapons, armour, engines, escape pods, liveries, and more to make your ship your very own.
- Close Encounters of the Space Kind: Precarious asteroid fields, harmful radiation, the freezing vacuum of space and black holes all pose a danger to even the most experienced space crew.
- Guardians of the Earth: Travel throughout the Galaxy and defeat the threat to humankind through a range of single player missions from reconnaissance to bounty hunts, reclamation and more.
I've picked up a personal copy, so some thoughts will come another day. Awesome to see it launch with Linux support right away, and from a brief initial inspection everything seems to work great. It's smooth, it looks good and it seems like it's going to be just as chaotic as the first game.