Getting real close to release now is the huge 2.6 upgrade for the Beamdog classic RPGs now including Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition.
They've gradually moved from one game to the next, opening up an opt-in Beta you can try for each right now on Steam. Each of them needing some feedback to ensure you can properly play it including double-checking the save system is working correctly.
2.6 is a big upgrade for Beamdog's enhanced version of the Infinity Engine and while it won't solve every last issue in each of the noted games, it's still a needed update for them all.
Want to get involved? They need Linux testing too (the Beta is Steam only, other stores when ready). We've reported on the Baldur's Gate Beta testing before but now Icewind Dale is included and the Baldur's Gate titles also got fresh updates. See the links below for each for more info:
You can see the full changelist here. Some highlights for all include:
- Changed to 64 bit executables; 32 bit operating systems are no longer supported
- Hundreds of bug fixes including many spell fixes
- Improved pathfinding
- Improved multiplayer stability
- Added Adventurers of Neverwinter content to all games
- Added French, Italian, German, Ukrainian and Polish text localizations to Siege of Dragonspear
- Added French text localization to Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition
- Added Brazilian Portuguese and Chinese (Simplified) text localizations to Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
Need to buy a copy? Links below: