Cyanide & Happiness - Freakpocalypse, the upcoming comedy point and click adventure game from Explosm, Skeleton Crew Studios and Serenity Forge finally gets a release date. On March 11, 2021 it will release for Windows and with the Linux / macOS releases being readied up for release slightly later in April as the publisher confirmed to us on Twitter and in their latest Kickstarter update.
You play as Coop “Go Away, Weirdo” McCarthy and all you want to do is make the world a better place. The trouble is: Nobody likes you, school sucks, you can't find a prom date, everybody bullies you (including your teachers), and your attempts to help only make things worse. Will you escape high school alive? Who will love you? Do you even deserve love? Why is this game called Freakpocalypse? Find the answers to these questions and more by looking at, talking to, and touching everything within the C&H universe.
- Just like playing in a Cyanide & Happiness animated cartoon filled with dark humor
- Fully voiced dialogue and a large cast of crazy freaks
- Interact with your favorite characters from the Cyanide & Happiness Universe including Ted Bear, Shark Dad, Señor Cleanfist, and more!
- An absurd amount of characters and objects to look at, touch, and talk to
- Cinematic cutscenes and a completely original soundtrack
- Unlockable costumes for you to find, wear, and embarrass yourself with
- Optional sidequests for special rewards and replayability
- Run OR walk - just like in real life!
- Achievements based on how good (or bad) you are at the game
- Secret ways to die!
- Part 1 of an ongoing apocalyptic prom story!
Once the Linux date in April is confirmed, we will let you know. As quite a big fan of Cyanide & Happiness, I'm eagerly waiting to see how this turns out. It's pleasing to see another Kickstarter project that will be keeping to their word on their original advertisements of Linux support. The publisher already approved and sent our key, so we'll be on it as soon as Linux support lands!
You can follow it on Steam.