The second GOL Podcast episode of 2021 is here, come get it while it's hot and ranty as we cover a range of weird and wonderful topics in Linux, open source, gaming and more.
As usual, it's a very casual and frank chat between two friends (myself) and GOL contributor / Linux livestreamer Samsai about many different Linux-related topics. Apologies for my audio on this one, sadly the gain on my microphone amp was up far too high without me realising and so it's definitely not as clear as previous episodes.
Here's a few of the main bits of what we talked about this episode:
- Portal 2 got Vulkan thanks to DXVK
- Artifact is dead
- Hardware accelerated Xwayland support is coming to NVIDIA, driver concerns
- AMD RX 6700 XT, no, you cannot buy any
- RetroArch announce the Open Hardware project
- Valheim is now one of the most successful survival games on Steam with two million sold - no wait, three million, four and then five...
- Metro Exodus still due on Linux this year
- Valve & Netflix teamed up for a Dota anime series
- Take-Two take down: reverse-engineered GTA engine DMCA
Quick-fire release news:
- Them's Fightin' Herds releases on March 25
- Skullgirls got an Annie DLC in Beta and their Linux support is to continue
- Griftlands from Klei Entertainment out for Linux in May
Ending with: what we've been playing.
Want us to chat about something and be as blunt and honest about it as possible? Let us know in the comments what you want to be featured in future podcast episodes. We appreciate any and all feedback too. Hope you enjoy this latest episode.