Paradox Interactive has announced the Leviathan expansion for Europa Universalis IV is due to release on April 27. This will be the first release from Paradox Tinto, their newer Barcelona-based studio.
One of the highlights of Leviathan is the ability to use diplomatic favours to gain benefits from other nations. If you post a diplomat to curry favour in a foreign nation, you will slowly build up enough diplomatic power to request material aid, changes in alliances and even the return of core provinces.
Some of what to expect from it includes:
- New Regency Options: Regency councils represent the interests of the most powerful estate, and can be extended to delay the ascension of an unfit monarch.
- Specialized Colonial Nations: Let your colonies focus on military help, trade power or self-government.
- Concentrate Development: You can now steal development from your vassals or territorial possessions to enhance the power of your capital city.
- Pillage Capital: Loot an enemy capital as a condition of peace, hauling development back to the capital metropolis.
- Expand Infrastructure: Provinces can expand their capacity to build new structures and manufactories, allowing smaller nations to create centers of wealth for a modest cost.
- Centralize State: Reduce the cost of government by spending unused Reform points.
- Totemism: Nations that follow the Totemist religion can revere a pantheon of past leaders, earning bonuses that reflect the skills they had in life.
- Monuments: Expand and establish great projects, adding new bonuses to your empire.
- New Unit Models: New army sprites for Southeast Asian nations, including Indochinese, Indonesian and Polynesian nations.
- And more: Including the ability to carpet siege enemy provinces, draft transports as a plutocratic nation, watch heirs gain legitimacy as they wait to inherit the throne and other changes.
As always for Paradox Interactive titles, the expansion will be accompanied by a major free update for all players which includes modifications to the maps of Southeast Asia and North America, with major gameplay changes for North American First Nations. It also adds Australian Aboriginal nations.
Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan releases April 27 for $19.99 / £15.40 / €19.99.
You can buy Europa Universalis IV on Humble Store and Steam.
Quoting: HoriNice, but still not gonna get into EU4 at this point. Waiting for EU5 lolFair enough, I'm still waiting for Victoria 3 with native Linux support since I discovered Paradox games back in…2014.
See more from me