Continuing to be one of the most popular games on Steam, Euro Truck Simulator 2 from Prague-based SCS Software expands once again with a fresh location out now with the Iberia DLC release. Looks like SCS did good again, as the user reviews are rolling in and it's looking good overall.
"The Iberian Peninsula is full of rich and diverse landscapes, from semi-arid southeastern deserts to the green coniferous forests. Iberia is home to numerous historic villages and towns, narrow streets, old churches and impressive castles. Visit the capital of Spain, Madrid, the coastal capital of Portugal, Lisboa, a wide amount of coastal cities like Málaga and Olhão, and many of the inland cities. Be an important part of the strong export economy and deliver cargo from Iberia through Europe."
Some of what to expect from it includes:
- Travel through the Tabernas Desert, often nicknamed 'mainland Europe's only desert'
- Connect Iberia to the rest of Europe with shipments from its busy ports
- Deliver car parts and whole cars to and from the various car factories to the shipping terminals
- Take a rest at truck stops and gas stations crafted to closely match their real-life counterparts
- See landmarks of all shapes and sizes, from medieval castles to statues of historical figures
- Enjoy the spectacular view of the coast and even the famous 'The Rock of Gibraltar' located on the other side of the bay from the coastal city of Algeciras
- Immerse yourself in new ambient sound, from the subtle sound of wind through the valleys to the tweeting of birds
- Explore mountainous areas with a wide range of colorful rocks
- Visit landmarks like the Guadiana International Bridge and get a bird's-eye view on it with the viewpoint feature
- Unlock Iberia-specific Steam achievements
For a game that's creeping up on being a decade old, it's pretty amazing to see it still doing so well. Not many games have the staying power that Euro Truck Simulator 2 does, consistently hitting over 40K players online with it hitting over 50K today. It's a clear testament to the dedication from SCS continuing to upgrade the game itself constantly with new and advanced features - like the recent 1.40 patch (American Truck Simulator got it too) which added in a whole new lighting system along with a rework and big improvement to Germany.