Do you like watching a world evolve over time? Or perhaps you like watching pure chaos unfold. WorldBox is an in development sandbox god sim and now it has a Linux build too.
"WorldBox is an ULTIMATE god simulator and sandbox game. Create your own world or destroy it using different powers. Watch civilizations grow, form kingdoms, colonize new lands and sail to far continents. Towns will rebel, empires will fall. It's your choice to help or watch them fight."
Do also check out the fan film, which is pretty fun.
The Linux build has actually been up for around a week now, and through our testing we've not encountered any issues. It really runs nicely and it's pretty amusing. The developer mentioned that they see no reason for the Linux version not to be on Steam, when the game eventually released there.
- God Simulator. There are a lot of powers in your toolbox that can be used without mana or resources.
- Living world. Creatures have traits and needs. Animals will look for food. Greedy kings will try to get more lands.
- Fantasy Races. There are 4 civilized races in WorldBox. Humans, orcs, elves and dwarves. Each with its own design and specific race traits.
- Civilizations. Races will form kingdoms, colonize new lands and will sail to far continents that you'll create.
- Diplomacy system. Kingdoms will fight with each other. Towns will rebel. Empires will fall. It's your choice to help or watch them fight.
- Destruction powers. Lightning, tornadoes, acid rain, nukes, meteorites, plague, dragons and even UFOs.
- Different creatures. Demons, skeletons, zombies, tumors, cold ones, dragons, UFOs and even a giant Crabzilla that you can control yourself!
- Interact. Interact with your world with the divine magnet. Use your powers to start wars or create huge tornadoes! You can affect the world in unique ways.
- Share your maps. Show your creations to other players of the WorldBox community!
- Procedural Generation. Generate worlds of different sizes and find kingdoms with unique flags and names.