While we wait on the first major update to the co-op survival game Valheim, the team at Iron Gate have released a small patch to keep us going.
This is part of the update they teased recently, which includes a nice overhaul to some of the bigger creatures in the game including the Troll and the second and third boss. The Troll, for example, has more hair, nails and more defined muscles making it a bit scarier. Can't imagine meeting it for the first time again now, it was scary enough with the original model when you're quite new to it.
Here's the patch notes:
- Fixed smelter issue when a very long time has passed since visiting (10000 days)
- 30s Pre world save warning added
- Stone stair physics fix
- Inventory screen gamepad focus fix
- Large-creature visual overhaul (troll, boss-2 & boss-3)
- Troll ragdoll material fix
- Harpoon mechanics overhauled
- Engine updated (some stability improvements)
- Draugr archer visual fixes (1 & 2 star draugrs sometimes got the wrong material)
- Fixed issues when crafting station is destroyed while in use
- Creature group spawning adjusted to avoid spawning over total limit (in some cases)
- Credits updated
- Localization updates
Still remaining as one of the most popular games on Steam overall, not just for indies but still beating out many AAA titles months after release. Regularly seeing over 50,000 players each day, it's extremely impressive, although the player number isn't too surprising since it's sold multiple-millions.
I'm personally very excited by the upcoming Hearth and Home update which will bring in lots of new goodies. Once there's a date for it, we will let you know.