Ready for more retro-infused first-person shooting action? Viscerafest is now confirmed to be launching on May 20 into Early Access on Steam following a successful Beta. The developer, Acid Man Games / Fire Plant Games have been regularly putting out Beta builds on their Discord which have shown a lot of promise.
"Viscerafest is a Sci-Fi Fantasy Singleplayer Arena FPS with minor Collectathon elements. Fight through hordes of aliens and eldritch monstrosities wielding a slew of powerful weapons, juggling your resources, and exploring over 26 intricately designed hand crafted levels."
- Navigate nonlinear hand-crafted levels, stuffed to the brim with secrets, using key cards, completing puzzles and various objectives to progress. Set across a wide variety of locations, from a space station above the earth, to a realm beyond our reality.
- Wield 9 unique and powerful weapons, from staples of the genre like the Bunker Buster double-barrelled shotgun, to the more unique and offbeat, such as the Pung Cannon.
- Slaughter over 2 dozen different enemy types, from the minor grunts who make up the U.S.C's forces, to monsters beyond your ability to comprehend such as The Soul Hunters. New enemy types are introduced every level, each compounding the challenges you'll face with a variety of attacks and behaviours.
- Juggle your resources, as you fight to stay alive, constantly balancing your use of ammo, health, and armour.
- Move at the speed of light, chaining bunny hopping and dashing together to move at speeds no man would dream of, and with your overbearing air control, dance around projectiles like no other.
- Collect tons of goodies to unlock items such as Cypher keys, and level modifiers to spice up your playthroughs.
The Linux version we tested before release has been running exceptionally well, we think this is one you're going to like a lot if you love arena-styled fast-paced shooters. You need some good reflexes for this one. When we say it's fast - we really do mean it. A lot of fun though punching through everyone. Ammo is limited, so you will be using your fists quite a bit. Wishlist Viscerafest and follow on Steam.
I didn't manage to finish the demo as there was timed platforming section that was just little bit too hard for me. Platforming in general is the most frustrating part of the game.
It does have certain charm though, I just might not have enough patience for it, unless they have made it easier.
See more from me