StarCrawlers Chimera has been announced by Juggernaut Games as their newest modern first-person dungeon crawler.
The same team that created the rather good StarCrawlers from 2017 are back, bringing with them StarCrawlers Chimera which will be a highly customizable cyberpunk dungeon crawler. "Customize your skills to suit your playstyle. Are you a stealthy cyberninja? A crazed pyromaniac soldier? Mind-bending void psyker? Or… a bit of each? Design your character by selecting from 25+ skill trees with unique abilities in each tree. Skill trees are a mix of fan favorite classes from StarCrawlers, weapon specialist trees, utility sets, and more - with extra skill trees in the works!"
Currently crowdfunding on Kickstarter, they've updated the campaign to mention clearly in the FAQ that Linux support is planned for the game when it's ready and feature-complete. So no Early Access or Beta versions but we will be seeing the proper finished experience supported on Linux.
- Wage tactical turn-based RPG battles against futuristic enemies.
- Procedurally-generated floors provide new challenges and rewards.
- Choose your own difficulty mode - with optional permadeath.
- 100+ abilities and 25+ skill trees to customize your play style with Muscle, Guile, and Intellect skills.
- 20+ different enemy types and rare spawns with unique abilities and loot.
- 20+ weapons of different rarities ranging from plasma rifles to carbonite blades to scintillating donuts.
- 30+ items of gear to stop your insides from becoming outsides.
- More features added with each new content patch!