Valheim is an epic game, selling multiple millions and clearly loved by many. Another fresh fixer-upper update is out now, which has some curious fixes.
The developers say that there should have been more in-world events, however they almost never happened and certainly not as expected. Iron Gate AB now say to expect to see "You are being hunted…" and "The horde is attacking" to brighten up your day. I've seen the horde attacking probably twice but never the hunted event so that will be interesting.
Here's what's new and improved in update 0.154.1:
- Fixed issue where capes sometimes formed strange bumps on the back after jumping
- Close build gui with ESC selection fix
- Fuling army event trigger fixed
- Wolf hunt event trigger fixed
- Troll ground slam can now be blocked
- Longship repair & build sound fixes
- Wolfcape durability fix
- Respawning resources timer fix (Berries and flint should now correctly respawn)
- Serpents no longer flee when low on health
- Fixed issue with ship containers not closing properly in some situations
- Raise terrain is more smooth & less pointy
- Fixed water particles & water-surface clipping issues inside boats
- Better fermenter feedback when it’s exposed
- Tweaked some sound assets to use less RAM
- Covered rocks should no longer look wet during rain
When they eventually give it out more info on the much bigger Hearth and Home update, we will let you know. Even without any actual major upgrades yet since the Early Access release in February, it's still managing to pull in over twenty thousand people (sometimes close to thirty thousand) playing at a time each day. Once H&H arrives, we expect that to bump up quite a bit again. It's clear though, Valheim is here to stay as one of the more popular games on Steam.