WorldBox gives you a pixel-art god game all about doing whatever they hell you want. It's actually fantastic and a new release is out now. They only recently started supporting Linux with it (back in April), and now we're seeing all updates across all platforms at the same time which is great.
I wasn't actually aware of just how popular it was until recently. The developer announced even just on their Discord, they've hit 200,000 people - so that gives you an idea of just how big it is. It's available for mobile too like Android, where there it's seen over 388,000 ratings so it's fantastic to have it on Linux too now. Not seen it? Check the trailer below:
Some of what's new in this So Many Things" 0.9.0 version includes:
- Plague doctors have arrived! They will help you against nasty tumors and infections
- Druids! They will leave a trail of beautiful flowers behind them, and grow trees around them
- Tumor monsters!
- Units will now use tools that are specific for their jobs, and they will also hold items they work on
- Rain clouds will now produce lightnings from time to time
- Coffee - it's a power! A modern power!
- Many new world laws! You can now make lava eternal, or add random disasters!
- And many many many many more things.
I've managed to spend quite a bit of time with it recently and it's quite engrossing. You have near-total control of everything to act as you wish, or just to sit back and watch as time goes on and see a civilization develop, for you to then place down a few demons or wizards to cause unspeakable havoc. This new version sounds like it just continues building upon what makes it great already.