A big highlight from 2020 was art of rally, the indie racer from Funselektor Labs developer of Absolute Drift (get it free until June 19) and there's a big overhaul update out now.
This update has been in the works for about 6 months now the developer said, bringing with it an updated UI from one an artist who worked on the also fabulous Mini Metro. There's even a dark mode included (hooray, my eyes!) and there's UI scaling now too. You can also see cross-platform leader boards and downloadable ghosts now too. Check out the new trailer to show it off:
Some of what's new includes:
- huge re-design of the UI and also dark mode and UI scaling
- cross-platform leaderboards with downloadable ghosts of anyone you see on the leaderboard
- car physics body collider is less bouncy
- lowered the maximum torque rpm for all cars.
- raised the rev limit for group 2 cars and vans.
- updated baseline ai times
- rain ai times use faster times from the wet leaderboards
There's also other improvements:
- optimized grass shader
- optimized vegetation cutout shader
- lighting for all times-of-day have only one light instead of multiple lights for better performance.
- stages now use ambient light from the skybox instead of a gradient, which gives equal or better lighting to the previous multiple directional lights and also doesn't tint the dust/smoke blue.
- updated localization for new terms and also fixed some existing terms
- road bumps have been toned down as they were throwing the car at high speeds
- last used cars and liveries are now saved between runs so you no longer need to cycle through and pick your favourite every time
And of course a good dose of bug fixing has been done too.
One game not to miss out on for sure.