Anger Foot, a prototype developed by Robbie Fraser, Luc Wolthers and Jason Sutherland of Free Lives (Broforce, Terra Nil) is a furious fast-paced action game about kicking-down doors and causing a big mess. It's absolutely brilliant and it's currently free since it's not finished and it was originally a 7DFPS entry. Seems they're still experimenting with expanding it into perhaps a full game with a fresh update out now.
What's new in Anger Foot 0.5? There's quite a bit actually. Some highlights include:
- Added 5 new levels
- Added 2 new enemies
- New weapon models
- New first person rigs for feet and hands
- New first person animations
- Many new props, textures and environment details
- Tons of new effects
- New enemy locomotion system and animations
- New parallax depth window shaders
- New generalized damage system
- New destructible prop system
- Reworked kicking physics and prop interactions
- Better hinges on cupboards and other props
- New systems for triggering sounds and visual effects in the environment
- Many new bullet impacts and environmental effects
- Many new prop and environmental sounds
- You can now thow guns into roaches
- Improvements to character and environment shaders
- Subwoofers are now physical objects
- Improved ambient occlusion effect
- New world map scene to select levels
- New bullet impact decals
- New muzzle flashes
- New music
- Guns now eject cartridges when fired
- Enemy footsteps make sound
The Linux version appears to continue working well, although the mouse cursor is a bit on the large side in menus but in-game all is actually fine. The cursor issue is an odd one that we've seen with other Unity games before. Hopefully they will be able to fix it easily.
Running through rooms kicking-down doors that smash into enemies feel seriously good. The music is quite in your face though. You should definitely check this one out.
Grab it free on itch.io.