The 1992 classic Secret Agent has been revived with a HD remaster from Apogee Entertainment and Emberheart Games that was surprise announced and released today with Secret Agent HD.
It's not just a simple remaster of a classic though. While it does contain all three original episodes, along with support for modern systems and resolutions it also brings with it the brand new Secret Agent Episode 4 with a new collection of missions to play through. Secret Agent HD also comes with a brand new original soundtrack, plus there's a built in level editor and Steam Workshop support.
"The new Apogee Entertainment is focused on helping today’s developers reach new audiences with their unbelievable talent, but we’re fans of the classics too," said Scott Miller, Apogee founder, "The ‘90s will never die—we’ve got new missions 30 years in the making to prove it"
- Help 006 recover the Red Rock Rover blueprints by guiding him through all 3 original episodes in HD!
- Uncover 16 Exciting new missions in the all new Secret Agent Episode 4, with challenging puzzles, action oriented hazards and rewards that will have you aiming for a spot on the top of the leaderboard!
- 7 New Enemies, 2 New Powerups, Breakable Blocks, Secret Level, and More!
- Be the first to earn all of the achievements including discovering the "Island Secret"!
- New Difficulty levels of gameplay, Cloud Saves!
- New OST in the Classic Adlib style to tickle your nostalgic funny bone!
This refreshed release comes with support for Windows and Linux.