It's Minesweeper, but not as you know it. DemonCrawl was already unique with the roguelite dungeon-crawling styled placed on top of the classic Minesweeper gameplay and now it's got a brand new mode.
With the Arena mode, it plays out a bit like Dota Underlords and other auto-battle games. You sit back and watch as the AI explores for you, while you pick up coins, chests for items and more. Although you can select to do it manually too. It's quite peculiar and also terribly addictive.
The two different modes of Arena make it quite accessible too. With the auto-battle version you get to focus on item management and whatever strategy you can come up with, while the manual mode makes it that much more competitive since you each have absolute control.
There's also a big Summer Event going until July 15 which includes:
- Complete the holiday questline to earn 4 new avatars and a new inventory skin
- 11 additional avatars are available through Prizeboxes
- Participate in summer tournaments to earn a ton of Tokens
- Each run, you will encounter one of three summer afflictions
- The Shopkeeper has stocked up on summer items
- The Shopkeeper's handing out free water, what a cool guy
- Added unique holiday stage
- Reskinned menu graphics
- Added Summer Special Chest
- New holiday Mythic Emblem
- New seasonal boss: Trixie -"Play Beach Ball like your life depends on it, because it does."
You can buy DemonCrawl on Steam.
QuoteDemonCrawl was already unique with the roguelite dungeon-crawling styled placed on top of the classic MinesweeperI don't think I'd call it unique, since there have been other games with the same idea, such as the 2009 flash game Pitsweeper.
1)Is a lot more polished than Pitsweeper
2)Works in 2021 without any compatibility layers needed for Flash
3)Is available natively on Linux.
So it's a lot better IMO.
I'm going to try this new mode even though I usually dislike competitive online multiplayer. Thanks for pointing it out!
Last edited by mark348 on 5 July 2021 at 11:43 pm UTC
See more from me