IRIS: A Colorful Dream is an upcoming 3D exploration platformer about restoring colour to the world. It looks simply wonderful and you can play a small unique slice of it right now. The developer recently put out a Prologue demo, which has its own unique world that won't be in the full game. The developer mentioned it's partly to "explore our ideas and hone our skills before diving into the real thing".
"In a world without its colors, stories are told about a time when life was bright and radiant, when the sunlight was warm and nature was strong. While Iris is still young and their world has always been dull and faded, these stories inspire them to dream of a better future. Could these dreams be a sign of change?
Join Iris as they adventure through the unknown in search of the six lost crystals to make the world colorful once again! A 3D platformer about seeing the world in a new way and making a change."
- Platforming: Run, jump, dash, wall run and slide your way through the levels.
- Explore three beautiful areas, each containing unique biomes and obstacles.
- Use color beams to reveal hidden objects and paths in the world!
- A mysterious puzzle room guarding one of the crystals!
- Collect crystal shards throughout the game! Can you find them all?
- A photo mode with lots of options to take beautiful screenshots. Make sure to share your captures with us through Twitter or in our Discord server!
- Get to know Iris and their BFF (butterfly friend) better before the release of the full game.
It seems like a really wonderful game idea and I'm quite excited to see how this one gets developed further. The developers mentioned the full game will have a deep storyline with plenty to unlock and explore, along with some side quests and plenty of enemies and puzzles.
Try it out on their itch.io page.