The monster taming and battling game Monster Crown is set to leave Early Access on October 12. This follows their Kickstarter campaign in 2018 and then little over a year in Early Access.
What is the game? Inspired by the retro Pokémon games, Monster Crown from Studio Aurum and publisher SOEDESCO puts you inside a "dark story as you create your own monster legacy". Instead of capturing creatures, you enter a special pact with them to join together and become a team. It's an interesting spin, along with a more mature story it's nice to see a different direction for such a game that traditionally targets a much more casual family-friendly audience.
The announcement came with a rather silly video:
- Make pacts with monsters to receive their protection in return for shelter
- Breed and fuse over 200 base monsters to create your own new species
- Travel across Crown Island with your monster allies to uncover a dark world.
- Make a pivotal decision that will drastically change the ending and post-game
- Play online to battle and trade, and have your new species reach across the globe
See the original gameplay trailer for a better look at it:
You can find Monster Crown on Steam in Early Access. The full release is on October 12.