Time to adventure through Transylvania with the upcoming Near-Mage from the developer of Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure. Stuck In Attic are back with what looks like another high quality adventure, this time mixing in a little RPG mechanics too. Near-Mage is set in the same universe as Gibbous as well.
"You have been invited to stay in Transylvania for the summer... Only to find out that you come from a long line of witches. Meet your new vampyre and strigoi classmates, embrace your destiny, and enroll in the Transylvanian Institute for Magick! A supernatural adventure made in Transylvania."
- Study spell crafting in the Transylvanian Institute for Magick as a mage-in-training - a Near-Mage;
- Experience a deep and engaging story that plays like an adventure game;
- Craft your own spell inventory, use it with different results in every play-through;
- Dozens of unique characters in and around the Institute for Magick - your spells change their lives for better or worse;
- Vampyres, pricolitch, moroi, strigoi, ghouls, shtima, and more mythical Romanian creatures to interact with;
- Over 80 lushly rendered environments hand-painted in glorious 4K resolution;
- Traditionally animated frame-by-frame;
- Darkly colorful atmosphere bolstered by meticulous on-location research of myths and folklore;
- Rich cinematic orchestral score (recorded with live instruments if stretch goal is reached);
- Fully voiced by professional actors (if stretch goal is reached)
- Dozens of itemized outfits and hairstyles to customize your main character;
- Switch from pointing and clicking with your mouse to direct control via gamepad on the fly;
- A game about Transylvania made by Transylvanians!
It's currently crowdfunding on Kickstarter, with the goal already reached. A dedicated Linux version was the first stretch-goal, which has already been hit too. Clearly their idea is popular with fans of adventure games. Since it's been funded, we've added it to our big list of crowdfunded titles.