If you loved going to arcades to play shooters when you were younger, or you loved the classic console first-person shooters you should check out the new Office Point Rescue - Out the Office. Developed by Magellanic Games, it's their first full-length title following on from multiple smaller free retro games released on itch.io.
This is actually a follow-on from Office Point Rescue - Deja Vu, which acts as the first free chapter so you can get a feel for it by playing that first. This is much bigger though, with a lot more varied content.
"Continuing on from the terrorist incident at the Emeraldalo Corporation's headquarters, Agent Foldon uncovers schemes and projects far more horrific than could be imagined. All was not what it seemed at, or rather below, EMC's headquarters."
Here's a short look at one possible route in the first level with obvious spoilers:
Office Point Rescue - Out the Office is a really fun experience with plenty of unexpected design elements. In the video above, the ending death was totally unexpected and truthfully I even panicked a little there. Really good fun if you enjoy shooters like this.
- 12 levels spread across 2 routes. Navigate through EMC's underground facility and discover their true "business" through personnel accounts.
- Utilise 7 weapons to fight back foes - pistol, dual pistols, shotgun, double shotgun, sub-machine gun, light gun and the laser rifle.
- Choose from 3 tuned difficulties.
- Take on 2 unique boss enemies.
- Save your progress. Return to the last level you reached with all your items, guns and ammo. No need to play through in a single sitting.
- 2 Additional unlockable modes - Giant Head Mode and Lightgun Mode
- Switchable graphics mode, enjoy in the low-resolution mode or in clear, crisp high resolution.
- Full retro midi-like soundtrack downloadable as flac and ogg. Includes tracks from Office Point Rescue Deja Vu.
You can buy Office Point Rescue - Out the Office on itch.io for $5.