CONSCRIPT from Catchweight Studio is an upcoming survival horror where you're a lone French soldier in the trenches, as you set off to try and find your brother during the Battle of Verdun.
"CONSCRIPT is an upcoming survival horror game inspired by classics of the genre - set in 1916 during the Great War. CONSCRIPT will blend all the punishing mechanics of older horror games into a cohesive, tense, and unique experience.
In CONSCRIPT, you play as a French soldier searching for his missing-in-action brother during the Battle of Verdun. Will you be able to search twisted trenches, navigate overrun forts, and cross no-mans-land to find him, and ensure a home goes unbroken?"
Originally crowdfunded on Kickstarter with Linux support, the developer had a brand new trailer during Gamescom 2021:
- Experience classic and methodical survival horror gameplay in a unique historical setting: the Battle of Verdun.
- Highly re-playable with multiple difficulty settings, alternate scenarios, unlockable costumes and bonus weapons.
- Fend off enemy soldiers and disturbing psychological manifestations with a variety of melee weapons and firearms.
- Survive in an intense, harrowing atmosphere boosted by a unique pixel art aesthetic and oppressive sound design.
- Navigate intricate level design that promotes item management and route planning, whilst solving complex environmental puzzles.
- Distinct WW1 themed areas that intertwine and overlap.
You can follow CONSCRIPT on Steam. It's due out sometime in 2022.