fheroes2 is a game engine reimplementation for the absolute classic that is Heroes of Might and Magic II. It's free, open source and a new release is out now. Written from scratch much like OpenMW for Morrowind, OpenRA for classic Westwood RTS games, openXcom for for the X-COM and more it's another great example of a community of people reviving old games for modern platforms.
Here's what's new in 0.9.7:
- Add basic German translation support and heavy update French and Polish translations
- Add missing Farm image part in Knight castle and modify Captain Quarters in Necromancer town
- Add AI hero classes for more efficient task distribution
- Fix multiple issues with combat logic for pathfinding and AI
- Fix object passabilities and incorrect rendering on World Map
- Over 60 bugs fixed since 0.9.6 release