Time for a weekend of testing for many of you? A fresh version of Steam Play Proton is on the way, with a CodeWeavers developer on GitHub announcing a Release Candidate build of Proton 6.3-7.
Now is the time to log issues new to this version of Proton before it rolls out to everyone. They're only interested in issues that didn't happen in previous versions, as they of course don't want to roll it out with regressions. For now the changelog is as follows:
- The following games are now playable:
- Life is Strange: True Colors
- Quake Champions (broken after a game update)
- Divinity Original Sin 2 (broken after a game update)
- eFootball PES 2021
- EVERSLAUGHT VR
- WRC 8, 9 and 10
- various XNA3 games
- Fix Logitech G920 mapping for F1 2020.
- The .pdf manual can now be opened from Night of Azure launcher.
- Fix monitor and resolution selection in Industries of Titan.
- Fix The Sims 3 launcher crashes.
- Fix Resident Evil Village display settings.
- Improve Forza Horizon 4 windowing.
- Update DXVK to v1.9.2.
- Update vkd3d-proton to include the latest development work.
Subject to change, as they might need to remove some fixes if they end up problematic but that's it for now.
To try it out:
- Search for Proton in your Steam Library
- Right click on Proton 6.3 and go to Properties
- Hit the Betas tab on the left and select "proton-6.3-7-rc"
That's it. Wait for it to update and then you have it and can try it out on any Steam game. If you need to know more we have our constantly updated Steam Play Guide.