Valve has now released the latest Halloween themed event for the still popular free shooter Team Fortress 2. Scream Fortress XIII brings with it plenty of new goodies!
This event brings with it 6 new community maps with Farmageddon, Sinthetic, Los Muertos, Erebus, Terror, and Graveyard. To access it there's a new Special Events category in Casual. All users who login during this event will get a Soul Gargoyle if you don't already have one, which gives you access to track the special event missions and more.
Additionally there's a new Crimson Cache Case with 20 community made cosmetics, 5 new community made taunts in the store, 28 community made Unusual effects and a Scream Fortress XIII War Paint Case.
A number of other misc improvements came with this update including:
- Fixed being able to remove name/description tags from a couple of the stock items
- Added ConVar "tf_delete_temp_files" to control custom player sprays and other temp files being deleted on shutdown
- Can be toggled in the Advanced Options dialog
- Default is to delete the temp files
- Updated Bat Outta Hell to fix an issue with the materials
- Updated koth_slasher
- Reduced round timer to 6 minutes
- Removed truces from Merasmus and Monoculus events
- Fixed an exploit where players could get behind the Otherworld's cabin and attack unsuspecting players
- Fixed a series of hairline perches in the yards
- Fixed a pair of visible nodraw entities outside of the spawns
- Fixed an exploit where players using the Minify spell could hide in the caves
- Added a strange rustling over there in the woods... ?
- Updated/Added some tournament medals
- Updated the localization files
Play for free on Steam. The Scream Fortress XIII event lasts until November 7th, 2021.