Kathy Rain: Director's Cut has been confirmed by Clifftop Games and publisher Raw Fury to be releasing on October 26.
"Kathy Rain follows a burgeoning journalist as she investigates the mysterious death of her grandfather. Set during the age of laser discs and landlines in the 1990s, Kathy is armed only with her trusty motorcycle, a notepad, and her wits. Traveling all over her hometown of Conwell Springs, Kathy will uncover a local mystery that takes her on a tumultuous journey. What secrets are the people of this town hiding? Piece together the clues and follow the leads to discover the truth!"
To celebrate the release date announcement there's a new trailer featuring Arielle Siegel (the voice of Kathy) to talk about the features of this new version:
This new and improved version includes (on top of native Linux support):
- Extended storyline, including a fleshed out and more satisfying ending
- Multiple new areas to explore, with additional gameplay and puzzles
- 700+ new lines of dialogue performed by the original voice actors
- Widescreen 16:9 backgrounds
- Expanded and remixed soundtrack
- Different motorcycle skins to personalize Kathy’s motorcycle
- Full controller support
- No spoilers, but… DEATH SEQUENCES!
- Twice the number of Steam achievements
- Brazilian Portuguese translation, with additional languages to follow
- And more!
Come on! Is it still 1989 or what?
See more from me