Paradox has announced that Europa Universalis IV: Origins an "Immersion Pack" now has a release date of November 11 and they've detailed what to expect from it. Not only that, players will see a "major" free update too.
The idea behind this smaller expansion is to provide more flexibility and variety for some of Africa’s most powerful and interesting nations. Here's what's included in the DLC:
- Jewish Religion: The Ethiopian Jews of Beta Israel are included, and Jewish nations can choose from nine religious characteristics to accentuate their national strengths, with new flavor events.
- Missions for Mali: Halt the decline of West Africa’s greatest medieval empire and reassert control of former vassals.
- Missions for Songhai: Develop your provinces and claim the mantles of Mali and Timbuktu as the new rising power.
- Missions for Kongo: Unite the peoples of the Congo River and confront the growing European threat.
- Missions for Ethiopia: Ensure religious unity and prestige in the Kingdom of Solomon while unifying the nations of the African Horn. Also adds the noble Ç̌äwa regiments.
- Missions for Ajuuraan: Control Indian Ocean trade and bring water to your desert provinces.
- Missions for Kilwa: Focus on naval economic power, establishing a colonial empire across the seas.
- Missions for Mutapa: Build on the legacy of the founders of Great Zimbabwe and exploit the riches of South Africa to dominate trade.
- Minor Mission Additions: New mission options for Jolof, Mossi, Hausa, Oyo and Adal.
- New Regional Mission Trees: New Missions for minor powers in Central, East and West Africa, and the African Horn, as well as new estate privileges for many nations and regions.
- New Army Sprites: 4 new army sprites each for Congo, Great Lakes, Southern Africa and Bantu nations.
- Two New Missionary models: African Coptic and African Fetishist missionary animations added.
- New Music: 12 minutes of new West African themed music, and 12 minutes of new East African themed music.
It will be priced $9.99/7.19 / €9.99 at release.