The Spectre Update is live now for Warzone 2100, the real-time strategy game originally developed by Pumpkin Studios and published by Eidos Interactive that's nowadays free and open source.
Absolutely great strategy game, I can't tell you of my joy being able to play this easily on modern systems after originally discovering it on the first PlayStation such a long time ago. The open source community that's built up around it just keeps on bringing out fantastic enhancements that keep the essence of the game but just make it nicer overall.
Some of the main improvements in the 4.2.0 update include:
- Add Ultimate Scavengers to the game
- Spectators for multiplayer games
- Recorded replays for skirmish / multiplayer
- Headless / autohost enhancements, spectator stats, lobby chat slash commands
- Return units to mobile turrets & better distribute around multiple repair points
- Update camBalance for Gamma (Campaign rebalance is basically complete)
- Increase oil drum power in Campaign Beta (150) and Gamma (200)
- Add new random maps “DustyMaze”: one 2-player and two 4-player maps
- Use a stable config directory for release builds
- Implement remove from group shortcut
- Make selected structures and units blink on radar
- Add “power per second” to powerbar tooltip
- Major revision to the Blender 2.9x .PIE file addon
- Multiplayer balance changes (see full changelog)
See more on the official site.
If you want to run it easily from Steam with this open source version, you can try out Luxtorpeda.