HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed is another developer who will be ensuring their games works nicely with the Valve Steam Deck.
What is it? Hypercharge is a classic-style Third and First-Person Shooter inspired by Toy Story and Small Soldiers. It focuses on Wave-Based Shooting with Defense Building mechanics. You must complete the mission of Sgt. Max Ammo and prevent the HYPER-CORE from being destroyed.
In a post on Steam, the developer confirmed that Valve sent them a Steam Deck devkit and they confirmed some details about what their support of it includes:
- What FPS will it run at?
- 60fps with an option to run 30fps in battery saver mode.
- What Graphic settings can I play on?
- Graphic settings are automatically set for the Steam Deck and will be lowered automatically in optional battery saver mode. Some advanced effects will remain optional (Motion Blur, Ambient Occlusion etc.)
- Will it have full Controller support?
- Of course.
- Will it have full Gyro support?
- You bet.
- Will configuration be required to run the game?
- No, it will be optimized to run and look the best by default.
- Will it have full Split screen support when connected to the dock?
Below you can see some quick footage of it running on a Steam Deck:
Here's the thing though - HYPERCHARGE: Unboxed already works great on Linux with Steam Play Proton. So really, they only need to ensure it works well within the additional constraints of the Steam Deck hardware.
Valve will be sending out the first order invitations for the Steam Deck in December, based on initial reservations.