A fresh Proton release is coming up with Proton 6.3-8 now seeing a Release Candidate ready for more people to test and report issues on. Unsure what Steam Play and Proton are? See our beginner's guide for more if you're unclear.
Pulling in lots of fixes from previous releases of Proton Experimental, we're about to see a nice bump in the main release branch with this. It's a big one too, since this also brings with it support for selected BattlEye games (as previously announced), CEG DRM compatibility improvements, NVIDIA DLSS support for DX11 and DX12 games (guarded by PROTON_ENABLE_NVAPI=1 and dxgi.nvapiHack = False) and support for the latest Steamworks SDK.
Here's the Windows games you can expect to be newly playable with it:
- Age of Empires 4
- Assassin's Creed
- Breath of Death VI
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Disgaea 4 Complete+
- Eve Online
- FIA European Truck Racing Championship
- Game Dev Tycoon
- Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered
- Mafia II (Classic)
- Marvel's Guardian of the Galaxy (AMD GPUs only)
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition
- Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
- Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl
- Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slicked Precipice of Darkness 3
- RiMS Racing
- The Riftbreaker
- Sol Survivor
- TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge
- TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge 2
There's also various bug fixes and improvements for a few specific games like Satisfactory, Project CARS 3 and there's updates for DXVK, VKD3D-PROTON and Wine-Mono.
How to try it?
- Search for Proton 6.3 in Steam
- Right click on Proton 6.3 and select Properties -> Betas
- Select "proton-6.3-8-rc" from the dropdown and let it update.