While Proxy Studios are currently working on their next strategy game with ZEPHON, they still had time to bring out a fresh DLC for their previous game with Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Adeptus Mechanicus.
In the only 4x strategy game set in Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000 universe, Gladius has been out for a while now since July 2018 and it remains quite popular. They've already expanded the game a number of times before with the likes of the Tyranids, Chaos Space Marines, T’au and Craftworld Aeldari but now it's time for the Adeptus Mechanicus to rise and try to take Gladius Prime.
"The Adeptus Mechanicus are an empire within the Imperium, with their own fanatical purpose—in the name of the Omnissiah they seek to rediscover ancient and powerful technologies. Jealous guardians of the knowledge required to maintain and construct the Imperium's technology, they also possess their own elite armies of bionically-augmented soldiers and terrifying weapons of war. Xenos or man, stand in their way and they will annihilate you.
The faction has a full new roster of units, including Sicarian Infiltrator, Skorpius Dunerider and Knight Crusader, and unique abilities as Canticles of the Omnissiah and Monolithic Buildings."
Gameplay Mechanics for the Adeptus Mechanicus:
- Canticles of the Omnissiah: Chant Mechanicus hymns to enhance units, increasing in power with every praying warrior.
- Doctrina Imperatives: Override Skitarii subroutines to amplify some combat aspects while reducing others.
- Hive Cities: Place more buildings per tile by utilizing Adeptus Mechanicus’ capability to create layered constructions of rockcrete and adamantium.
- Monolithic Buildings: Increased output of buildings of the same type on a tile. Decreased output of buildings of differing types on a tile.
- Power Surge: Increase the output of buildings on a tile through forceful intensity.
- Enslaved to the Past: Increased research cost. The ability to truly innovate has long been lost, replaced with a reverence for the times when Humanity was the architect of its own destiny.
- Reprogram Kastelan Robot: Capture enemy Kastelan Robots with Cybernetica Datasmiths’ programming rituals.
- Bionics: Adeptus Mechanicus units have high damage resistances. Generally, artificial limbs are more durable than their biological counterparts.
- Adjacency Integration: Adeptus Mechanicus upgrades increase building output with each adjacent building.