Valve has announced that they're doing some changes to how developers do sales, plus the next set of Steam sale dates have been announced.
For developers, the time they have to wait between running sales has been decreased. Instead of having to wait six weeks between sales, they now only have to wait four (28 days). Although, this rule does not apply to the four most major site-wide sales being the Lunar New Year, Summer, Autumn, and Winter sales. Valve are also provided developers with a new tool to manage participating in sale events, where developers get a centralized area to see all the events their games qualify to be included in. Sounds pretty useful.
Here's the dates of the next sales:
- Next Fest: February 21-28
- Remote Play Together (co-op games): February 28 - March 7
- JRPG: March 14-21
- SimFest - Hobby Edition (For "games that make hard work into fun".): March 28 - April 4
- Die-a-lot (Roguelikes, roguelites, Metroidvanias, etc. Name subject to change): May 2-9
- Racing: May 23-30
- Next Fest: June, 2022
- Summer Sale: June 23 - July 7
- Survival: July 18-25
Sale dates courtesy of RPS, who said Valve sent it to the press (the dates aren't public). We didn't get the dates, so we must be on a different press list…