Readying up for the onslaught of users on the Steam Deck who will probably want to play some of their Epic Store loot, the free and open source Heroic Games Launcher has a new bug fix release up.
An application that has only become more important with the Steam Deck, since it ships with Linux and Epic Games don't support Linux with their store. This at least gives Linux desktop gamers and Steam Deck users a really easy way to get all their games in one place.
Some of what's new and improved in Heroic 2.1.1 includes:
- An updated general settings page
- An easy way to view a full log file for each game
- Epic Services online status check is fixed up
- The Wine manager got updated with a progress bar and it can be aborted
- DXVK/VKD3D installation was fixed
- + Other bug fixes
Quite a small release, as a much bigger and more exciting feature-release is coming up with Heroic 2.2 with GOG store integration. They're also working on Flatpak support too! In the last major update, Heroic added gamepad support to the UI including an on-screen keyboard so it's looking great.
See more on the GitHub page.