All aboard the Steam Deck hype train! You want more games being upgraded? You got it! Valheim has a public Beta now available on Steam with lots of goodies. To try it out you can use the password "yesimadebackups" in the Steam Beta menu for the game, keeping in mind that it is a Beta and there are issues - try at your own peril.
Here's the main non-spoilery patch notes:
New Content:* Suddenly… Frost Caves!Fixes & Improvements:* Pause function in singleplayer
* Full controller support! (Gamepad legend and alternative glyphs)
* Gamepad text input when running through in steam big picture mode
* UI, settings and Steam Deck fixes
* FPS Limiter and reduced background performance
* Split dialog can take numeric input
* Signs can now be built without a workbench
* Bug fixes and quality of life improvements
* Armour stand now supports atgeirs and shield styles
* Nomap mode tweaks
Iron Gate notes that it will force a fresh "location generation of your worlds" so expecting a longer initial load time, and you might see bosses move a little. The new Frost Caves will also only appear in unexplored areas.
Having a quick blast to see how well it works today and I'm genuinely surprised at just how good Valheim feels with a gamepad in hand. Really feels quite natural, and so it might end up being my preferred way to play.