This is a bit of a surprise. Tails of Iron from Odd Bug Studio that released for Windows back in September 2021 just added official Linux support. An announcement went up on Steam today, with a short and sweet single-line mention of the new support.
About the game: "Set in a grim land plagued by war, Tails of Iron is a hand-drawn RPG Adventure with punishingly brutal combat. As Redgi, heir to the Rat Throne, you must restore your broken Kingdom by banishing the merciless Frog Clan and their ferocious leader, Greenwart.
As you explore the deceivingly charming world, you’ll encounter a cast of unique companions, ready to aid you in your adventure. And you’ll need all the help you can get, whether that’s new meal recipes, blueprints to forge deadly weapons and armour, or even a land-chugging, armour-plated mole mobile!"
- Master brutal combat, inspired by the souls-like genre, featuring dodge-rolls, parry bashes, and fatal executions!
- Explore a vast and treacherous Kingdom, comprising six distinct biomes, each with its own hidden paths and secrets
- Immerse yourself in a compelling story, narrated by the deep, raspy vocals of the legendary Doug Cockle
- Customise your attack style with a vast array of distinct weapons and armour
- Assemble a band of brave companions, ready to aid you on select missions
- Complete side quests to earn additional gold-on-the-side
- Unearth special blueprints to forge new and powerful weapons
- Collect rare ingredients to cook up health-boosting feasts
- Overcome savage boss fights against the Frog Clan’s deadly, oversized generals
- Lose yourself in the gorgeous and lovingly-crafted 2D hand-drawn art style.
Available to buy on Humble Store and Steam.
Quoting: robvvThis looks really good and right up my street! Some nicely-drawn artwork, too.
Agreed. Thanks, Liam, for highlighting games I probably wouldn't have found otherwise.
See more from me