Dota 2 just got a pretty huge update that not only brings in a fierce new hero with Primal Beast, but finally reworks Techies in the gameplay patch too.
Primal Beast: "Rushing savagely through enemies and allies alike, Primal Beast pounds into battle as one born to raise a ruckus. An unavoidable threat amidst any fray, the Beast can punish attackers and relishes grabbing prey to repeatedly slam them against the ground until nothing but mush remains." — a new quite simple to play Melee hero. Here's their abilities:
- Onslaught - Primal Beast charges up and then runs in the chosen direction, knocking back enemies and allies alike. Enemy units are damaged and stunned on impact. The longer the charge duration, the farther Primal Beast's momentum will carry him. Can be cancelled at any time with the Stop command.
- Trample - Primal Beast stomps over everything. For every 140.0 units travelled, all enemies around the Beast receive damage. Deals base damage plus a multiplier of Primal Beast's attack damage. Primal Beast is disarmed for the duration of the ability.
- Uproar - The Beast's temper passively provides base bonus damage. Additionally, for every instance of 35.0 damage or more Primal Beast takes from enemy heroes, he accumulates stacks of Uproar. When activated, Primal Beast releases a roar that slows surrounding enemies and grants the Beast additional attack damage and armour for 7.0 seconds based on his current stacks of Uproar.
- Pulverize - Primal Beast channels his rage, grabbing the target enemy and slamming them into the ground repeatedly, damaging and mini-stunning any enemies caught in the AoE. Lasts 2.3 seconds.
- Rock Throw (Shard Grants New Ability) - Primal Beast throws a rock at the target location that stuns and damages enemies. The rock cannot be thrown within a minimum range of Primal Beast.
As for Techies, they got a new little intro about the update: "After losing multiple contracts to potential teammates with better 'fit,' the contentious crew of Techies Demolitions have updated the tools in their blast box to better find business in trying times. Finally understanding what it means to be team players, the Techies spent a few bomb-focused brainstorming sessions dreaming up new ways to inflict joyous pain and are more equipped than ever to thrive in the thick of battle. Some tools of their trade may be new, but the infectious laughter of this terrible trio will never change."
Their abilities now include:
- Sticky Bomb (New Ability) - Techies lob a bomb cart onto a target area. If the cart lands near an enemy, it sticks to them and reduces movement speed briefly before exploding.
- Reactive Tazer (New Ability) - Techies trigger a zap that provides a jolt of movement speed and temporarily disarms enemies attacking them. At the end of its charge, the zap explodes, disarming enemies in the area.
- Blast Off! - Techies launch themselves into the air, dealing massive explosion damage to themselves and enemies upon landing. Importantly, this blast no longer deals lethal damage to Techies.
- Proximity Mines - Now Techies’ ultimate ability. Techies plant a deadly mine that only appears visible when an enemy is close enough for it to explode.
They also released a set of wallpapers and they're pretty awesome actually.
See the full update page for more. I'm starting to feel a hankering to play Dota 2 again, especially after blasting through Dota: Dragon's Blood Season 2 - which was great.
Dota 2 is free to play on Steam.